At Reid H. Ervin & Associates, P.C., we proudly assist clients in special education and education law matters. In the United States, children have a right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment possible. As passionate advocates for children, we work closely with parents to seek educational opportunities that meet the unique needs of their children.
We bring more than 35 years experience to our clients. Contact a Norfolk education law lawyer to find out how we can help.
Representation in Education and School Law Matters
We assist the parents of children with a variety of physical and learning disabilities, helping them obtain appropriate public education for their children who have:
- Speech disabilities
- Reading disabilities
- Cognitive deficits
- Mental deficits and disabilities
- Developmental disabilities (including autism and cerebral palsy)
Working with psychological and educational experts, we take the legal steps and action necessary to identify what needs to be done in order to provide for the educational needs of a particular child. From representation during Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and administrative hearings to aggressive advocacy in court, we can provide you with the help you need.
We are familiar with the various state and federal policies that apply in education law matters:
- Educational disability under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) — The goal of the act is to provide a free, appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- The Rehabilitation Act
Contact a York County Special Education Law Lawyer
To discuss your child's educational needs with an experienced Norfolk education law attorney, contact us to schedule an informative consultation.